Assemblage

"Assemblage" is the 3-D version of "collage”. "Found object fragments," "discards," or "throwaways" (artist's work to look at: Schwitters, Cornell, Rauschenberg, Bearden, etc.).


These things are organized by their specific elements. The resulting groups are then arranged into compositions of art.


Extending to many cultures of people living in family, religious, work, and various other groups; We could be viewed as a complex living version of "assemblage”(Webster 1. a group of persons or things gathered or collected).


We have “found” each other by chance; either by blood, common goals, or a certain chemistry. These connections help to formulate new ideas, innovations, and even new generations. John Anderson

Friday, October 28, 2011

Geometric Form in My Art and Garden


Geometric designs play a strong roll in my jewelry and collage art. The triangle and tetrahedron are the architectural elements in my art and in our garden. This month I am building a hexagonal pyramid to cover and protect our fountain from the subzero winters. Our fountain is about four feet wide and five feet high. I hope you enjoy my photos of my angular musings in wood and our garden water feature. Yes, I still have to make the top section of my pyramid; in a few days.

Our winter view

Scale plans for hexagonal pyramid by John Anderson
Back yard fountain  

Treated plywood 43"h X 69"w.
Six panels each 11 1/4" top X 48"h X 36"base.
Hexagon angles are 120 degrees, connecting studs 60 degrees
by John Anderson







"Design for Retirement Home If I Want to Live Alone"
12" X 12" with chopstick like wood scraps by John Anderson

"Trellis for Clematis" approx. 4' X 6' by John Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment